Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What a Wonderful Week!

I have had an amazing week! Seth and the girls arrived last Sunday and we headed right to Southern Shores on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. My sister Kathy had very generously offered us the use of her beautiful vacation home. I had time alone with Abrianna, Mercedes and Seth for Sunday and Monday.On Monday we went to the Corolla Light house and I even climbed to the top! On Tuesday we went to the Wright brothers memorial and learned all about the first flight. Later in the week we would return to both places with the family.
I absolutely love going to the Ocean and have missed it so much since leaving Oregon. For me the expression "I go to the sea to breathe" is true. I felt so invigorated just being there and then getting to share it with my family was amazing! Here for your viewing pleasure are some pictures!
View from the crows nest of the house. That's the ATLANTIC Ocean!




Emilie,Logan Abrianna and Mercedes braving the water.
The guys get ready to go in to retrieve the Frisbee!The guys go in..


The guys go out!The Frisbee!

Thanksgiving Dinner. Seth prepared the Turkey and the rest of us helped with the other goodies.

The Wright Brother's Memorial

That's Papa in the red coat!

Here are the girls touching Wilbur in the sculpture plane.Tommy sees Nanna! (great for my ego)


The Corolla Light House. Beyond this light house is where the wild horses are allowed to roam 11,000 acres freely. There are no roads, just beach. The horses were from Spanish shipwrecks and they have adapted to the coastal vegetation (but not man). They were having a fund raiser to help with the upkeep of the fences etc at the converted schoolhouse museum. Abrianna and Mercedes painted a horse for the cause.


All who were there. What a great time! I'll post more pictures later.

2 comments:

  1. great pictures Mom!! Looks like you had lots of fun with everyone there! One of these years we will have a thanksgiving as a family again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Thanksgiving. And how lovely to spend time with your girls, you must have missed them badly since moving. I had a good chuckle over the frisbee floating in the surf!

    ReplyDelete