Saturday, July 31, 2010

Papa turns 65!

Everyone but me--that's Jordan Sorensen on the left
It seems like just yesterday I was meeting a handsome 27 year old that "Is really nice but he never dates anyone."  Now he is a good looking 65 year old with 6 children and 8 grandchildren!  Time seems to be accelerating the older we get but we don't feel so much older.
Papa goes to play raquetball every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and he is now beating the people that taught him how to play!  He still loves to garden and he is doing a great job with Alumni Relations at SVU.  His mind is always way ahead of mine and he continues to come up with new natural ways to improve our health and those around us.
We went to Emi's for dinner to celebrate.  We had roast, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob from the garden and topped it off with Boston Cream Pie and Papa blowing out candles!  He got the usual shirts, a jacket and new supplies for raquetball plus cheetos from Tommy and Jack and a very versitile gift certificate from Emilie and Logan. JJ is going to take him to see Garrison Kellor in Roanoke in September!
I apologize for the quality of some of the pictures but at least there are pictures!

Tommy's gift
Jack makes Papa smile

Tribute to Papa



papa blows out the candles


Where has all the time gone?



3 comments:

  1. I am glad Dad had a nice birthday. I never imagined him liking Raquetball, I am glad he has such an active hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh!!! I FORGOT HIS BIRTHDAY!!! BAD DAUGHTER! i will make it up to him when he comes out to visit. Guess while my body was busy working my brain took a vacation. Glad he had a nice birthday. Proud of you for taking pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like a nice birthday party. where does the time go Etta? You are right about it going faster the older we get...I am not so sure I like that :)
    Happy Birthday John...even if it's belated!

    ReplyDelete