Monday, August 31, 2009

August, what a month!

when I was being taught by the missionaries and was setting my baptismal date I knew I should get baptized on August the 28th and I knew it was important that I keep that date. Little did I know that the whole month of August would someday hold tremendous memories for me. I was baptized into the church on August 28th of 1971, one year later on August 28th 1972 I was married to John. On August 9th of 1991 Richard was in a drowning accident and on August the 25th of 1999 he died and then was buried on August 28th of 1999. This year on August 29th John Clawson Davis was born and I was there to help recieve him into the world. He was 8lbs 8oz (the same size as Richard) and there were similarities in his birth and Richards.
Life really is one eternal round with many types and shadows sent to us to guide us along our paths. My life has been amazing with so many rich blessings and interesting twists and turns and it is hard for me to realize that I am heading toward the sunset of my life. Time passes so incredibly fast!
My life has been rich indeed and I look forward to many more rich experiences like I had this weekend with the birth of Jack. What a priviledge it is to share in such a sacred moment as the bringing to earth of a new life.
I will post some of my pictures tomorrow but for today I just want people to know how blessed I feel.In the meantime for a wonderful blog about Richard visit Keeping Up With the Jones' and for great pictures of Jack go to The House of Davis.

1 comment: