Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Ramble and a hike!

Yesterday we went to Saunders to pick up some more of their wonderful white peaches and then took a little excursion to Crabtree Falls Park. As soon as I went to take the first picture it was apparent the battery on the camera was dead. Before I left home I had tried to check to see if it was ok but couldn't find the setting to do so. I also felt that maybe I should bring our other camera just in case but didn't do so. When will I learn to listen to those tiny promptings?? So, there are no actual pictures of us on this hike but I decided to include pictures taken by others!

It was a beautiful day and it was a very pretty spot. Compared to Multnomah Falls it isn't too spectacular a falls but it is a much larger hike. Also, the water is low right now so it was more of a trickle than you see here. As we climbed we counted the number of dogs we saw as well as the number of children we saw. Dogs won 18 to 15!



We didn't go all the way to the top but did make it about 2/3 of the way up and had a real workout! I think it made up for the fact I haven't gotten much exercise this week! We had a very nice time and stopped along the way to sit and talk and listen to the water. It is always so soothing to me to listen to water moving across the rocks. It made me miss our Lake Oswego home and caused me to reflect on how blessed we have been over the years to live in such amazing surroundings.
After we finished our hike we decided to "ramble" our way home. We went through Vesuvias where we stopped and bought fresh produce including a "sugar baby" watermellon, yellow tomatoes and corn. We decided to see what the town of Brownsburg was like and were delighted to find this charming town on what used to be the main road from Staunton to Lexington.
We enjoyed our Saturday afternoon on a beautiful Virginia day as this part of the world gets ready to dress up for fall!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds fun! I love going on walks with Daddy, He is so fun that way!

    ReplyDelete