I also received 3 CD's of pictures from him and so I am posting some of them. Since there were 280 and most of them I don't know who they are or where they were taken I will leave it up to JJ to identify them when he gets home. For all of us who know JJ well this picture is very typical of him!
This one I call "Happy Baptism". I'm sure we'll find out about the necklace when he gets home.
One of the cities he has been in.
In a cool Brazilian Shirt that I am fairly certain he traded one of his basketball shorts for.(We've sent him 5 pair over the years)
We're glad to know that he is getting fresh fruit to eat! This is star fruit and he likes it.
I'm sure there is a fun story to go along with this one! Two Elders just clowning around!
These must have been taken on "P" day. I like his jacket! Can you believe he can lift a rock so big? That's my boy!
Now a few apartment photos. It looks like someone was happy to have mac and Cheese from america.
Notice all the ties!
These are mission pictures with the mission president who just left.
And the mission. He must have been cold since he is the only one wearing a jacket!
Here are a couple of fun pictures!


.

Love seeing pictures of him!! I can't believe how tan he is! Looks like he is having a good time!
ReplyDeleteSomeone at school once asked JJ why he was always wearing layers (usually an undershirt, overshirt, and a jacket) even when it was warm out, and JJ said, "Dude, when you're as skinny as me, you need it just to keep warm." It doesn't surprise me that even in Brazil this holds true :-)
ReplyDeletewow Etta I didn't realize how old he was...I know it only makes sense! Which mission is JJ in? He looks like he is having a great time on his mission. That is great to see
ReplyDeleteSHOES!!!! So, JJ! Remember the horse named Shoe??
ReplyDeleteWhen he gets home he totally needs to do his book right away before he forgets anything. you don't need to publish it till you're ready but pulling it together while the memories are still fresh are really important. let me know if you need any help!