Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

On the fourth of July we went to Nellies Ford to a farmers market and bought great cheese, fresh beef and "moogurt" and found cheap gas at a place with a giant pig sign! We also visited one of our favorite places that just opened again for the season. It is called Saunders and is a family run business where they have Peaches (starting now) and then they go into all different varieties of apples. Our favorite thing is their variety of ciders!





We went to see the Wintergreen resort which is nestled in the mountains. We are thinking of renting a home there when JJ gets home and Logan's parents are here so that all can all stay together.(Any others who would like to come would be more than welcome, we will just get a bigger house!). We then went up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, bought a walking stick (Back here they have those metal things like Papa had on his cane and we decided to start collecting them here).




In the afternoon we went to Emilie and Logan's for a cookout and for fireworks. While there I took pictures of the three pregnant Belles,Emilie (due in August), Carolena (due in September) and Cammie (due in October). I then took pictures of the guys! It was fun.

4 comments:

  1. luv the pictures of the pregnanat bellies!! Looks like a fun 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pregnancy photos! The guys look hilarious!
    'Twas a fun time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the prego pictures! It is so fun to see, especially the hubbies. :) Hope you are enjoying another day off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos etta! I love the one of you by the fence with the mountains in the background...I love Virginia..such a pretty state! I can't believe Emily is expecting a baby...this is her 2nd right? Wow...exciting for you. Sounds like you had a great 4th

    ReplyDelete