Sunday, April 26, 2009

sunday dinner

Yes, I know, I already wrote today but now it is night and I wanted to say something more.
Sunday has always been an interesting food day. Tonight we ate out on our little covered porch and it made me think of the days in Oregon, on Sunday when we would all gather together to have our family dinners monthly. I always knew that would never last but it was so wonderful when we had it! Who will ever forget the "favorites" nights, they were always so interesting!
It also called to mind a little home we lived in while Dad was in Law school that we called the Straw house. It had a little covered porch and we loved to eat out there whenever possible. There was an irrigation ditch and we loved to listen to the water rushing by and we felt so blessed.
Cottage Grove gave us Sundays that were cherished because Dad was home and we liked to take walks along the river.
Then there was Lake Oswego with the gorgeous waterfall and that wonderful sound! We were in a small slice of paradise!
Our view now is of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the peace is here too.
Tonight we had cheese and crackers in the evening and it reminded me of all the Sunday nights at Grandma and Grandpa Feinauers' house. I used to resist going there and watching Donnie and Marie and now they are treasured memories. How swiftly all of these Sundays go by.
We have lived so many places and had oh so many wonderful Sunday dinners!

2 comments:

  1. awww...now you made me all trunky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etta, it's great to see you have a blog too...I began one last fall as a way to hopefully journal better...how are you? link up with my blog so we can keep in better touch! How is Virginia? I bet you are loving being back in your neck of the woods :)

    ReplyDelete