Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday April 18


Today is Sunday and I ended up having to stay home from Church because I am "under the weather". Tommy and I both seem to have caught some kind of cold and it comes with headaches and an achy feeling.
I'm feeling a little better after having slept a lot of the day so I thought I would write some on my blog.
Perhaps some of you might be interested in what exactly it is I do for the University. Some of you will chuckle knowing that numbers are not my strong suit! I was brought on board mainly to help the customer service of the Financial Aid Department since there was a lot of dissatisfaction from students and parents. I had mentioned that computer work was not something I was really strong in and they told me that I didn't need to worry since it didn't require a lot (just a couple of screens). Well..quess what...I spend a lot of my day on the computer and it is a huge part of what I do! I do field a lot of calls and deal with students and I feel that I have helped the students to feel that we are listening but I have felt very inadequate in other areas. I have constantly prayed and asked the Lord to help me to make my weaknesses become my strengths and I am feeling much more confident. At this time in history the financial aid for education is getting more and more complicated and will totally change after the Obama Budget goes through. I guess it's good that I didn't know the other system really well!
I feel it a big responsibility to help students find the best way to finance their education. I have had to learn about Tax laws and the FAFSA and lots of other things with initials! The government has a site for every thing!
I spend a great deal of time in my office and so I am very happy that they moved us to the main building and they allowed us to paint our offices. Papa did a beautiful job on my office and so I feel cheerful each day as I go to work. I truly have one of the most beautiful offices with one of the best views on campus. I've put art work in it from our Oregon home and people are always commenting on the leaf branch and some of my colleagues call the room "the livingroom".
My office is only a few doors down from Emilie in one direction and Papa in the other so we get to see each other every day. Most days Logan visits and brings Tommy so it is a fun place to be! I wish all of you could visit it too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mom,
    I think your blog is really cute!! I love your office, It would be nice to go to such a beautiful place for work everyday.

    ReplyDelete