Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Time Flies on Wings of Lightning

Time has flown since Christmas and continues to zoom by me.  I passed my...gasp...62nd birthday and was happy when I discovered it wasn't 63!
The two in this photo you might not recognize are Brittany (JJ's girlfriend) and Jeff (JJ's friend who had just gotten into town and was hungry!)

Here is the gift Tommy and Jack made for me:




I haven't been excited about a new appliance in many years but I got a great Rice Cooker that is also a steamer and slow cooker.  It is great for making everything in one pot and having it ready on time.  It even has a Brown Rice setting! This picture is for Lindsay!



 I had lots of time off at Christmas and was so glad to just relax and be with Papa and do whatever we wanted.  We went to two movies (the Tourist..I thought it was cute and True Grit which I thought was great fun) and enjoyed an evening of dining out with friends. Yumm... I have stuck to my Weight Watchers plan and have lost 8 lbs in the 5 weeks since I started so I'm feeling pretty good!
We got the Kinect and have had a blast bowling, rafting, obstacle coursing and even playing ping pong all from the comfort of our own basement!  It is great exercise when you really get going so I am happy.  The weather has been VERY cold and we only spend the time outside we need to which now is just from car to Main Hall and back.  We had over 88% retention so we all received raises at school which made for a nice New Years gift.  I have been able to get the house really squared away and it really feels like home now and for my birthday (thank you Christy!) I got some great new dishes that finish off things for me.
Last year in our Sunday School class they had us write down goals for the coming year, seal the envelope and then this year they gave them to us to look at so we could see how we did.  I was very pleased that I had accomplished what I had said I would, except that pesky 25 lb thing!
 The one thing I am really glad I wrote down was to learn indexing.  It has been a great experience for me because I can do it at my own pace, set my own goals and it praises me when I reach them! I like knowing that I am helping someone else and I can do it every day if I want to.  I have asked them not to call me as an indexer because I think that would take some of the enjoyment out of it for me.  Sounds a little nutty I guess but I just want to do it because I want to do it.
Right now is one of those times when you just breathe in and are happy that life is good, that all are well and happy and the Lord is giving you some room to breathe!
Happy New Year to you all...a little late but sincere just the same!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are happy! I really love the rice cooker. I know for me its nice to have one that works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading and enjoying your blog. I didn't know you were in WW. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete