Sunday, January 2, 2011

Labels

I wanted to share this video with all since I think it is so true that we label kids way too much with the wrong types of labels!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Etta, I so agree. I know there are reasons for diagnoses, such as funding for extra help, but I think we attach a label to far too many things that can also be considered to be just different personalities. Quirkiness can be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting....I sit on both sides of the fence. I do think we are too quick to lable and medicate our children, I've certainly experienced it but sometimes you're looking for a solution and you don't know how to find it unless it's got a 'category' I guess to look in for help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Etta! I'm going to be one of your stalkers... (And I love how festive your blog decor is!)

    ReplyDelete