Sunday, April 11, 2010

Learning New Things

Yesterday was a great day because I was able to attend a writers workshop put on by Orson Scott Card here at the school. Later on in the summer he always does a week long workshop but I can't attend because of work. He decided to hold this one so that students could attend before they go home. He had Brandon Mull with him (wrote the famous Fablehaven Series!)and an editor and screenwriter so it was informational on many different types of writing. I love being here and having these opportunities! I don't want to write for publication, I just want my personal papers to be a little more interesting!
The lighting wasn't so great but at least I have some pictures! this one is the panel with Brandon Mull on the left and Orson Scott Card on the right.

3 comments:

  1. Orson Scott Card! You are so lucky. I would love to meet him. Not only because of his fiction, but also his ideas on living one's religion. He has a good, unashamed grasp of the quirks of living as Mormons. Have you read his latest collection of short stories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for learning new things! isn't it fun to get to learn new things! I think it's exciting--this can be part of your new stage in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I haven't read his newest collection but I will look in the bookstore to see if they have it. He is always fascinating to listen to and when he is here he often shares his "experiences" in the church. He is an amazing and very talented man!

    ReplyDelete