Mother's Day has always been a special day in my life.
I decided when I was a teenager that I wanted to do something personal for my mother on Mother's day. I started going down to Monument Avenue in Richmond to buy fresh flowers each year and then I would bring them home and make an arrangement for my mother. They never looked as good as from a florist but Mom always appreciated them because I had to make preparations before the day arrived.
I guess that is why to me it truly is "the thought that counts." To know that someone thought of you and planned something special because they love you and know that it matters to you.
Papa was always good while the kids were young making sure that they remembered and that they always made a fuss.As soon as Hope was old enough she took over spearheading the events of the day which usually included breakfast in bed ,cute handmade cards and plenty of hugs. Each child followed the pattern she set and continued the traditions and added to them.
This year she did something else, she made me a book. Not just a story book but a book from her heart with memories of Richard. I know it was not an easy thing to do and that makes it all the more special to me. It brought flooding back to me such sweet remembrances and more than a few tears. It also is a reminder to treasure all moments with all of your children for life truly is "quick in passing".We never know how long we will have each other here.
I am so grateful to be a Mother and to know that families are eternal.
PS I've tried to embed the book on here but can't get it to work. I'll get some "tech" help and hopefully post it soon.
A Tale from Cruising Down Under
7 years ago

I didn't know you did that for your mom. I am glad that mothers day was always special for you. We did try, I love hopes book too. You can't embed the book the best you can do is to post the link for people to click on and look through it.
ReplyDelete