Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Family Pets

OK Family. Let's do a little experiment. Each time anyone comes on and looks at my blog write the name of one of our pets, what it was and what you fondly remember about it.
I'll start off with our first pet:
Sepolo was a cat that Dad found in the middle of the street and brought home when we lived in our very first apartment in Provo, Utah. We gave him to a friend when we moved to Virginia the first time.

8 comments:

  1. Boris and Natasha were cats we picked up at the pound/SPCA for my "birthday" (I don't think it was actually on my birthday, but for some reason I always think we got her around my birthday). When we were there to get the cats, I was immediately drawn to Boris, even though he wasn't being super friendly at the time. Mom and Dad liked Natasha, and when it was revealed they were brother and sister and quite attached to one another, we went ahead and got both. Boris was super cuddly with me, but curious. I don't think I was as attached to Natasha initially, but when Boris passed away a few weeks later through a traffic incident, Natasha became just as cuddly and loving as he had been. I know she was "snobby" to most other family members, but I still remember her fondly as a cat who helped me get through all sorts of emotional moments, from the days surrounding Richard's accident to dramatic boyfriend moments in high school. She always knew when to cuddle...and when to stay asleep in the corner and let me be. A great cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marbles...'nother cat. Marbles was just there my whole life until I was 8. She was almost like one of the siblings...hope, christy, seth, marbles. I guess for memories it's hard to forget her teaching her babies to mouse with the decapitated rats heads (or were they mouse heads???...just ooooh, gross!) She wasn't a particularly affectionate cat, at leaste to me so much as she just knew that we were her family and she kept an eye on us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK... So, here's how you imbed the link to my book in your blog (if still want). Open up your view your heritage maker's project and it will have a button called embed in a web page. Copy the one for a blog or web page. When in your writing of a blog copy the link in. Highlight the link and click on the link icon on the toolbar (it should look like links on a chain). It will have you re-paste the link into the browser window. Make sure you only have on http//: otherwise it won't work.

    good luck.
    -h

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remeber Corky, He was great dog. I remember riding on him and playing with him. He was such a good dog and lived for a while. I also remember Ginger. I remember going to pick her out of the litter of puppies. She was a bit shy and was really small. She chewed up our furniture and seemed to always hate the UPS man! She slept on my bed for a long time when we lived in Beaverton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope,I tried both of the things on the heritage maker site that it said to use. The link didn't work when I embedded it and the actual book comes across really large and off to one side so you can't see the whole thing. I guess all of you have seen the book so it is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My next pet: Mitzi. She was a black cocka-peeka-poo that we got as a puppy from some friends in Hood River. We got her when we first moved to Woodburn and she loved to play with Sasha (I'll save her for Dad to talk about).She was very playful and loving and liked Hope,Christy and Seth. She got hit by a car after we moved into the store. Dad and I walked the streets trying desperately to find her and in the morning discovered that she was under the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sydney.....on top of corky I think with snookyputz the 2nd...true peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember Oreo the Rat! Richards pet, he loved him so much!

    ReplyDelete