Before moving into our little cottage I had numerous experiences letting me know this move was important. One of those was a whispering that came to me about 6 months ago that if I moved to this house it would save my life. I thought that was an odd little tidbit but had tucked it away in my mind. After we had been here just a few days the thought returned to me very strongly and I started contemplating what it meant. My friend came to my mind. She and I used to be visiting teaching companions when I was in this ward before and we worked in the SVU women's society together but I had never talked to her about her diet in too much detail. On my second Sunday here I told her my impression and that I needed her help to make it happen.
She gave me all of her menus and shopping lists and John and I have now been on a raw foods diet for 4 weeks and I have lost 15 lbs and great body fat percentages. The aching in my hands and knees are greatly improved and I have energy and feel wonderful. I still sometimes crave a little meat or chips but those times are rare and the results keep me focused.One of the bases for this diet is the book

The website is also very informative:
http://originalfastfoods.com/
A lot of it is based on the story of Daniel and his refusing to eat the Kings food so that he will be stronger.
The diet progresses over the weeks and this week I finally get to have sprouted grain bread!
What is really interesting is that this diet is taking me back to the things we used to do when we owned our health food store,Etta's Herbs and Good Things, back in Woodburn Oregon!
I'm sprouting things again and grinding and making my own flour and yes, Tofu pudding!...I guess we really do circle back in our old age! My freezer is full of fruit we are freezing since it is plentiful now:
Next is adding exercise. Now that the aches and pains are subsiding I can finally walk and I look forward to a more vigorous future!
God really is mindful of all of us and our needs and I am grateful he wants to save my life!



It's interesting how we come around to things, isn't it? I'm working on eating more whole foods myself, but it's hard to get Jeff excited about it. And I do have trouble giving up my treats. But, bit by bit, I'm determined to get healthier. Good for you for making such a drastic change.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are making Tofu pudding again! I remember loving that so much as a kid. I have so many fond memories of living in the store. I am so happy for you that you have lost so much weight, keep it up! I want a healty mom!
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you, Mommy! I'm glad that it's working out well for you :-)
ReplyDeletegood job muti! update us on how it's going? i am curious. Raw food eating is supposed to be a great detoxifier. I've been eating more whole foods and am starting to slowly see some benefits.
ReplyDelete