Monday, March 12, 2012

A very moving experience!


Well, once again we have moved!  Emilie and Logan were able to purchase a larger home in Lexington (which they very much needed!) so we have moved into their little house in BV. We have decided to call it "the cottage" and we are finally all in.  It's funny how your perspective changes with time on things.  I never dreamed we would want to move into a tiny place and truly downsize but here we are and we are quite enjoying it.  There are advantages to not having much to clean and you certainly don't get exhausted walking across the house.  Dad is happy because he has soil to play in and he has already planted peas!  He has a vision of how he wants the yard to be and is making plans on how to accomplish it.  We are looking for new ways to increase space and make our little home more efficient and warmer.  Here are a few before and after pictures:
Kitchen Before:



Kitchen done (sort of still working on placement etc)


Living Room Before:





  




 

 

After:


Study before:

After:


We (John and JJ!) hung The TV on the wall:

Bedroom, not totally done but inhabitable!

 Our new friend- the infrared heater! (sitting on the new carpet so things are warmer)
Here is a picture of the outside from two winters ago but it looks pretty much the same--minus the snow~

 And for those of you who haven't seen her yet, here is Hunny our new little dog.  She is such a delight! She has the sweetest disposition, gets along with the grandkids great and hardly ever barks, she is a great fit! (this was her SPCA picture, that's why it looks like a prison shot!). 


Here I am with Tommy and Hunny.. not the best of me but good of the two of them!

A long time ago John gave Emilie a little plaque that said "Bloom Where You are Planted" and that is exactly what we intend to do!  I am also going to put on my wall "In the Cottage There is Joy..."  The Lord continues to bless us knowing much better our needs than we do!








3 comments:

  1. That looks like a cute little house, but I have to say, you are very adaptable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you have done with Emilies house. Cute! I need to learn more about that heater? Does it work well? I am glad the move went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered how long it would take you to get a sweet little companion dog again :) I'm glad you're happy and that you're settling into the 'cottage'.

    ReplyDelete