Once again I am trying to play catch up. I couldn't let these cute photos not get posted so here you go. On July 4 we(Papa, Emilie and I) took the kids to the VMI parade grounds for the Balloon festival in Lexington. The Balloons were all gone because they had taken trips that morning and weren't back so that was a little disappointing but we wanted to go before it go too hot. John and I had purchased tri-corner hats for the boys on our ramble to Fredericksburg and beyond (see old posts). Here they are, our little patriots!
 |
| Jack almost fell asleep on the way (6miles!) so he's a little drowsy here |
 |
| Our cute little guys! |
and off we went to the festival.
In the afternoon we traveled to Charlottesville to John Loy's birthday party. For a long time Tommy and Jack were the only kids there. It was supposed to be a barbeque but there was a huge cloudburst just before we arrived and everyone had crowded inside. Tommy and Jack LOVED the rain and went out on the deck and splashed around. Papa stayed with them a supervised the fun!
Emilie and Logan always have a great time connecting with their cousins and catching up on all the latest.
 |
| Shannon sharing about her store and how it is being moved to a new Larger location. Yeah Shannon! |
And of course, pictures of the birthday boy!
On the way back home......
 |
| Sorry Logan, but it was just so cute I couldn't resist! | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
Then 21 days later it was Papa's 66th birthday. He wanted Crepes for his birthday so he made his own meal since we all know he is the best crepe maker!
Emilie made Dad's favorite, German Chocolate cake, for desert. She got creative with the chocolate chips!
 |
| We didn't want a blaze so we had one candle...to be truthful, I forgot to buy candles and improvised! |
 |
| Papa and Anna! | | | | | | | | |
|
How grateful I am for the blessings of family!
cute!
ReplyDelete