Sunday, May 22, 2011

A little catch up

I have been very remiss about minding my blog since things have gotten pretty hectic.  I am now awaiting the birth of Anna (soon!), Brittany's endowments (Friday), the coming of my children & tour of DC (June 1) and a wedding (June 3) and a reception at my house June 4.  Whew..not to mention I still have a job!  But enough of the excuses.  Here are pictures of Brittany's Bridal Shower that was held almost 2 weeks ago. That's Brittany's mom handing out prizes.  This is her second daughter to get married in 5 months!  She is an amazing lady and so gracious about including me in things.  They had a filmed interview with JJ where they asked him certain questions and stopped before he answered to see what she would answer.  I was so proud of him..what a great diplomat! The second one is Brittany opening one of her gifts.  Children love her and she has been the babysitter for a lot of the children in this town!  Many were there to cheer her on and congratulate her.  She is a great example to them.  Behind her is a quilt that they put on and we tied.

 
Here is a picture of Tommy and Jack at a fund raiser concert that we went to at school.  They were so cute but Nanna forgot that it is hard to eat ice cream on a stick and even Harder to get it away from a child who doesn't want to let it go so he can get his hands clean! 



Here are some pictures from Mother's Day.  It was a great day and my children were all very kind to me.  The greatest blessing was that I got to talk to each one of them for a good period of time. I miss my children and grandchildren.
  Emilie and JJ, Brittany and the boys were all at the house for crepes made by Papa and then I opened my gifts.  Christy sent me a darling banner for the yard and it now proudly stands in the flower bed; Hope made me a gorgeous card on Heritage makers and those who were  here gave me a Miche bag.  I love it!  It is 3 purses in one. It is a classic black bag that has  covers that are magnetic and change the whole look of the bag.  One of the covers is white and the other (pictured) goes with my dress for the wedding.  If you want to know more here is their website http://www.michebag.com/  I had noticed it in a shop downtown and it showed up for mother's day!  Papa and JJ gave me flowers too.


A week ago yesterday I accompanied Emilie to do a Lia Sophia booth at a fund raiser for Relay for Life in Lynchburg (about an hour away) because we didn't think it was wise for her to be traveling by herself so close to D day.  She did great and now we have this cute photo of just before the due date.
Last, but not least, if you haven't seen JJ's bridal photos here is the link:http://bmwphotographyblog.blogspot.com/
By the next post I should have pictures of Anna Rae Davis!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment