Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines day to everyone! It has been a very nice day for me. It started with Papa giving me a beautiful card and a box of truffles from a local chocolatier called Cocoa Mill over in Lexington. They are really good!
We were actually able to go to our own ward today and it was so nice to get to mingle with everyone again and to discuss the Old Testament (Cain and Abel and Noah) and to discuss the great plan of salvation and the war in Heaven. I am really enjoying this new course of study of simple gospel principles.
When Emilie and Logan got out of church they dropped by and it is always so good to see them and get to be with the boys.
I didn't think we would see them today since we spent all day yesterday together on a family Temple trip. Emilie, Logan and Papa went on a session while JJ and I watched the boys and then we switched (except for Dad who stayed in the Temple to do the veil). While JJ and I had the boys we took them to the Mall and what a zoo that was! All those DC people had been trapped inside for days and so they were all out on the streets and it took a half hour to go 3 miles!
I took the camera but forgot to take pictures until it was dark so Dad took a few. Hopefully you can see the 32 inches of snow plowed up to over 5 feet in the parking lot! It was amazing! And to think we thought we got a lot! Fortunately the Temple wasn't crowded so we were able to get a parking place!



Since I thought you might be getting as tired of our snow as we are (more is expected tomorrow!)I decided to move on to icicles! These show the front door and the stoop. When I was walking in on Friday one of the icicles fell on my head and each morning Dad has to "break out" of the house from the ice built up in front of the door. It doesn't seem to matter how much salt he puts on it, the ice just keeps mounting. It will be nice to see temperatures get warm enough to melt this but we need it to happen slowly so we don't have flooding!


/>

Her are a few of my favorite campus icicles!




When we were on the way to the Temple we saw some icicles under a bridge they were building that must have been 5 feet tall! Just think, we'll be able to bore all of our future posterity with "we remember the winter of 09-10 when all the records for snowfall were broken and President Obama called it Snowmagedon!"

On the way home I took this picture of Tommy with his new hat. He is so much fun!


And to end a great day I got to talk to my grandchildren on the west coast! It makes me so happy that they were all together today, safe and sound in Oregon. I just feel such peace having them all in one place even if it is just for a day!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the icecycles! way too cool, I hoope it stops snowing for your sake, its cool for a few days but when its never ending it can get old! Happy valentines day, It was so nice to speak with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etta, you mentioned you had made a blog book. Which website did you use? You could let me know on facebook. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete