Monday, February 1, 2010

Open House,More Snow, a Surprise and a new book

This weekend was one of our open houses for the school.Papa is in charge of overseeing all the aspects of making sure all goes well at the open houses so he has been a busy guy. We had more students signed up for this one than we had ever had. We had 27 students flying in just from Utah from one high school for a special two day event. When the weather report started showing a coming snow storm we got a little nervous. The out of town people ended up coming in ahead of the storm and roads were cleared by the time they left on Monday so all was good.We ended up with 85 students on campus for the open house and a great time was had by all! The recruiting season is going very well for 2010-2011!

Church was canceled on Sunday for the family wards but the student wards continued with their meetings so we walked over to the institute chapel(almost in our back yard) and attended Sacrament meeting.

I love living in this area and being so close to everything! The snow was beautiful and all were warm and comfy!This is a picture of some students sledding down the front hill. My office is just up over their shoulders looking on to the balcony(mine is the BEST office on campus!)



Our new Governor McDonnell was asked to give the Republican counter to the state of the union message last week. My sister Kathy e-mailed me to make sure that I watched it. I saw both my brother in law, Senator John Watkins, and my sister Kathy in the pictures as he was giving his speech! It's one of those "6 degrees of separation" things so now I practically know the governor! This is Senator Watkins(my brother in law) and the Governor. The second photo is my sister Kathy(red jacket) with John and the Governor! What an exciting event to be part of!






I had mentioned to Hope that I was wanting to make a book from my blog and she directed me to a sight . I did just what it said and ended up with a very nice book of my blog! I am happy with the quality of the pictures and I have an "instant Journal"! There are other sites that i checked out but they all cost the same and even seem to have the same covers. I plan on doing them periodically so I have a good record of my year!

1 comment:

  1. love all the pictures! How neat that Aunt Kathy and uncle John got to be part of that! So cool that they know the govenor. I love all the snow, must be so much fun to play in!

    ReplyDelete