Sunday, January 3, 2010

Birthdays


Another year has come and gone for me and it hardly seems possible! I had a lovely day yesterday because I heard from almost all of my children! Papa brought me a rose and a beautiful card and then took me out to dinner at the "Southern Inn", a very nice restaurant in Lexington. He says that my present will arrive tomorrow in the mail so that is exciting!
Emilie and JJ fixed dinner for me tonight at Emilie's house and we had a tradional dinner of Roast Beef, Mashed potatoes,peas,and a special cake that was given to us by some Brazilian friends. Being surrounded by family always makes me happy!

Last Friday John and I went over the mountain and went to see Avitar with Mary and Bill. It is quite the amazing movie and rather spectacular in 3D! We had a very nice time together.
It is very cold here right now (18 degrees and going down) and they are delaying school 2 hrs in the morning because of the expected high winds and cold. Luckily the college students don't return to classes until Thursday!
I guess now I push on in to 2010 and see what surprises it holds for me!

5 comments:

  1. cute picture! Happy Birthday! Hope the cold's not too disruptive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picture, I am glad your birthday went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Etta that is a great picture! Happy Birthday to you! It sounds like you had a great day and it's great to be around some of your kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture...except for the girl with the crazy hair in the middle...sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like panettone. I love a slice of panettone with a cup of hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete