He came into being because one day while John and I were on an excursion in Nelson County we saw a yard sale with a sign that read "New Home Interior Items" and I began to salivate!
Most of my accessory decorating pieces had been left behind in Oregon and so I am always looking for inexpensive ways to replace them. After finding some great deals on flowers and Christmas greenery I happened upon a cat. He had never really been out of his box and I could tell he wanted me to take him home!He had several different outfits for different holidays and the price was right so I got really excited! I didn't have anywhere I could use him in our tiny little home but I knew he would love the office.
The first outfit he got to wear was his Halloween (personally one of my favorites!)
Next came Thanksgiving and he didn't have an outfit so I made him this:
Then along came Christmas and he wore this:
After Christmas we decided he needed something for the cold weather so I made him this:
| He made us all feel warmer just looking at him! |
Every morning when I walk in the office he makes me smile! He actually is the perfect pet since he is very well behaved , treats everyone the same and doesn't shed!!
Can't wait to see his Easter outfit(think bunny ears) or his patriotic one? Check back and I will post those as they come along. I'm trying to figure out a "generic" outfit for when there aren't any holidays and I'm open for any ideas if you have some!
Happy St Patrick's' Day!!

you're so funny!
ReplyDeletetotally reminds me of 'molly the mormon maid' our lovely vacuum cleaner cover..... :)
thanks for a good laugh and a string of entertaining memories!
Ohh mom! I love the cat! How fun that you can dress him up! Its just so you to have fun decorating a cat! you should make al little coat for him for winter normal wear,and sun glasses and beach shorts for summer.
ReplyDelete