Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fireflys


I love this time of year in Virginia! A couple of weeks ago we saw our first "lightening bugs" of the season and now they are everywhere! It is always a thrill to see them as darkness is coming, twinkling near the grass and in the bushes. I have fond memories from my childhood of chasing,capturing and setting free these wonderful twinkling bugs. Somehow it makes me feel that everything is really ok with the world. It always makes me appreciate God's small creatures and His love of beauty and humor in our lives. Fireflys just make me smile!

3 comments:

  1. I love lightning bugs! that is one thing i miss so badly about summertime..here in Oregon most people don't even know what they are...enjoy your summer Etta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever seen one! They are pretty neat little bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy, you have too seen fireflys. When we went to virignia in (88 I think), we went out and caught fireflies with Shannon & John.

    ReplyDelete